Does your child have difficulty reading?
Irlen Scotopic® Sensitivity Syndrome may be the issue.
What Is Irlen Syndrome?
Irlen Scotopic® Syndrome is a sensitivity to light that can seriously interfere with reading and written language, and sometimes even behaviors. It can lower test scores and significantly impact a person's ability to function in school and work situations.
Can Irlen Syndrome Be Diagnosed At School?
It cannot be diagnosed using the standard educational, psycho-educational or speech/language testing.
Fortunately, Irlen Scotopic® Syndrome is very easy to diagnose and treat through an individual 60 minute screening process.
Irlen Scotopic® Syndrome Facts:
- Research studies show that children with other difficulties or diagnoses also have Irlen Scotopic® Syndrome and can benefit from screenings and overlays.
- Reading difficulties: 46-52% of children have Irlen Scotopic® Syndrome
- Autism: 85% of children also have Irlen Scotopic® Syndrome
- Dyslexia: 1/3 have Irlen Scotopic® Syndrome NOT Dyslexia, 1/3 have both and 1/3 have only Dyslexia.
- ADD: 80% of those diagnosed have Irlen Scotopic® Syndrome also.
- 12-14% of the general population has Irlen Scotopic® Syndrome.
Let us help you put the puzzle pieces together....... Irlen Scotopic® Syndrome is recognized by the Texas Education Agency.
Who is Irlen Scotopic® for?
Available for: Preschoolers, elementary, teen, adults....
Contact Debbie Lauman at 903.592.1454
Fee: $50.00 per hour Overlays: $5.00 each